Solve local challenges on WASH and waste sectors
Increasing options and ensuring a strong base and environment for commercial replication of SMART (Simple, Market based, Affordable, Repairable Technologies) WASH and waste technologies in Tanzania
The SMART approach aims to:
– Reduce cost of access to SMARtechs
– Ensure a high functionality: locally produced & locally repaired
– Ensure well owners make a productive use them: irrigation, livestock, water for neighbours, etc.
– Create demand for SMARTechs through showcase areas
– Help the development of businesses who deploy SMARTechs
Spreading of SMARTechs
Provide technical training, business support and certificcation services that ensure good quality products. Build up supply chains of market based products
Increase market demand by promotion and by making SMART technologies a profit based sustainable option
Advocate for low cost WASH technologies and certification at District, Regional and National Level
The SMART Centre Tanzania is coordinated by Eugenia Kimaro. She comes from Moshi, Kilimanjaro and has a background in Environmental Engineering.
Leire is the coordinator of the NjomBE BEyond project. She comes from Bilbao, Spain and has a background in Environmental Engineering.
Sola is a volunteer with a background in Urban Planning and Community Development. She works in WARIDI project (SHIPO project) as well.